Dorset

Lyme Regis home's door blown off in air freshener blast

An air freshener exploded blowing out the door and window of a house in Dorset.

Firefighters were called to reports of the blast at the house in Manor Avenue, Lyme Regis, at about 1800 GMT on Thursday.

Crews from Lyme Regis and Charmouth arrived to find the air freshener had been left on top of a grill.

Dorset Fire and Rescue said the resulting explosion had ripped the back window and door off the building.

Crews are warning residents not to leave flammable substances near heat sources.

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites