Woman rescued from Dorset bungalow fire

A woman was rescued by firefighters from a blaze at her home in Dorset.

A chimney fire caused smoke logging that spread to the sitting room of the bungalow in Ambrose Close, Bradford Abbas, Sherborne.

Two firefighters, wearing breathing apparatus, rescued the woman from the bungalow, early on Saturday morning.

Station manager Steve Waller, of Dorset Fire and Rescue Service, urged homeowners to have their chimneys swept, to prevent similar fires.

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites