Crews fight 'severe' Dorset chimney fire
About 35 firefighters have tackled a "severe" fire at a house in Dorset thought have started in the property's chimney.
Crews were called just before 2100 GMT on Monday to the blaze in Holtwood, Holt, near Wimborne.
Firefighters used breathing apparatus and hose reel jets to extinguish the fire in the first floor and roof space.
No-one was injured in the incident and fire chiefs advised people to regularly sweep their chimneys.
Station manager Roy Pinder said: "This was a severe fire which started in the first floor and spread to the roof and a new extension.
"I believe this fire started in the chimney and would take this opportunity to remind the public that having your chimney swept is vital.
"Sweeping the chimney ensures that there is a clear and safe passage for the safe exit of combustion products, which are caused by the burning process.
"This lessens the chances of the chimney catching fire."