Dorset

Woman burned in Bournemouth nursing home fire

A resident at a Dorset nursing home was taken to hospital with minor burns after she accidentally started a fire.

The woman, aged in her 80s, had left clothing on her walking frame which caught alight at Bourne Nursing Home in Bournemouth.

Fire crews were called to the scene at about 0100 BST but the fire was already out when they arrived.

The woman suffered minor burns to her arm and had inhaled smoke. She was taken to hospital as a precaution.

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites