Man flees Dorset house in hair straighteners fire

A man had to be treated for smoke inhalation after a set of hair straighteners caught fire at a house in Dorset.

Crews were called when the blaze broke out in an upstairs bedroom in Louise Road, Dorchester, on Wednesday night.

The man managed to flee the scene and was treated by firefighters before being handed over to paramedics.

The fire was caused after the hair straighteners were left plugged in and turned on.

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites