Neighbour's bonfire ignites tyres on Dorset farm
The air in a Dorset village was filled with black smoke after a bonfire ignited a pile of tyres on a silage pit in a neighbouring farm.
Firefighters were called to Cock Hill Farm, in Stourton Caundle at about 17:45 BST on Saturday.
The caller reported thick black smoke coming from the area where firefighters found about 60 tyres well alight.
A lack of water supplies in the area meant three fire engines were needed to tackle the blaze.
Crews used hose reel jets and foam to extinguish the flames and worked with the Environment Agency to ensure none entered the nearby water courses.
Asbestos roof sheeting from a demolished farm building was also involved in the fire and the fire service's hazardous materials officer attended to ensure it was safely removed.
The bonfire is believed to have spread because of a change of wind direction.
Firefighters were due to return to the farm to reinspect the scene and provide fire safety advice to residents of neighbouring cottages.