Dorset

Left laundry causes house blaze in Poole

A house in Dorset has been wrecked by fire after laundry was left on a gas cooker hob.

Firefighters had to use breathing apparatus to get into the building in Bindon Close, Poole, after the alarm was raised on Saturday evening.

No one was hurt in the blaze but a pet dog needed medical attention after breathing in smoke.

Crews said the kitchen was destroyed and the house was severely damaged by smoke.

The Red Cross Fire and Emergency Support Vehicle was at hand to help the occupants of the house arrange food, clothing and shelter.

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites