Dorset

'Forgotten candles' set fire to TV in Bournemouth flat

Two people have been rescued from a Dorset flat after their neighbours fell asleep without putting out candles, the fire service has said.

Dorset Fire Service said other neighbours woke them up and phoned 999 to report the fire in Brooklyn Court in Christchurch Road, Bournemouth.

A couple from a flat above the one on fire were rescued.

The whole building, which had no working smoke alarms , was damaged by smoke and one flat badly by the flames.

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites