Boxer dog resuscitated after Christchurch fire rescue

A boxer dog has been resuscitated after being rescued from a flat fire.

Firefighters revived the animal using oxygen therapy and cardiac massage after it was caught up in a fire in Barrack Road in Christchurch, Dorset.

A man was also treated for smoke inhalation by paramedics after the fire started just after 02:00 BST.

The blaze is believed to have been caused by an unattended chip pan. The dog has made a full recovery and is being cared for by its owner.

A fire and rescue spokesman said: "It's not unusual for crews to have to rescue animals from the scene of an emergency, but having to resuscitate them certainly is.

"It's certainly not something that happens every day."

More on This Story

From other news sites

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites

BBC Dorset



10 °C 7 °C

Features & Analysis

Elsewhere on the BBC

  • Audi R8Best in show

    BBC Autos takes a look at 10 of the most eye-catching new cars at the 2015 Geneva motor show


  • Kinetic sculpture violinClick Watch

    The "kinetic sculpture" that can replicate digital files and play them on a violin

Try our new site and tell us what you think. Learn more
Take me there

Copyright © 2015 BBC. The BBC is not responsible for the content of external sites. Read more.

This page is best viewed in an up-to-date web browser with style sheets (CSS) enabled. While you will be able to view the content of this page in your current browser, you will not be able to get the full visual experience. Please consider upgrading your browser software or enabling style sheets (CSS) if you are able to do so.