Poole Parkstone Road flats evacuated after 'e-cigarette fire'

Fire damage to the flat at Parkstone Road The fire is believed to have been caused by the charging of an electronic cigarette, the fire service said

About 30 people were evacuated from flats in Poole due to a fire which is thought to have been caused by the charging of an electronic cigarette.

It took more than 40 firefighters to tackle the blaze which started at about 09:30 GMT on the ninth floor of the Parkstone Road flats.

Dorset Fire and Rescue Service said no injuries had been reported.

It has issued a warning to e-cigarette users which includes not leaving them unattended while they are charging.

More on This Story

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites

BBC Dorset

Weather

Bournemouth

Min. Night 8 °C

Features & Analysis

  • Martin Gardner as a young manThink hard

    Was this man the world's greatest puzzle master?


  • Carved pumpkinTrick or treat

    What did a riot at a pumpkin festival show about race in US?


  • A woman puts on a surgical mask during hospital Ebola training in Alabama.'Dark continent'

    Is prejudice fuelling Ebola outbreak hysteria in the US?


  • Oscar de la Renta and Oprah WinfreyIn pictures

    The life and work of Oscar de la Renta


Elsewhere on the BBC

  • FutureThe future is now

    Get the latest updates and biggest ideas from BBC Future’s World-Changing Ideas Summit

Programmes

  • Smart glassesClick Watch

    Smart spectacles go into battle – the prototypes looking to take on Google Glass

BBC © 2014 The BBC is not responsible for the content of external sites. Read more.

This page is best viewed in an up-to-date web browser with style sheets (CSS) enabled. While you will be able to view the content of this page in your current browser, you will not be able to get the full visual experience. Please consider upgrading your browser software or enabling style sheets (CSS) if you are able to do so.