Bonfire warning after vintage cars destroyed in Essex
A fire service has warned of the danger of lighting bonfires after a collection of vintage cars were badly damaged in Essex.
More than 20 firefighters spent two hours at Brookmans Farm, Lower Dunton Road, Brentwood, on Monday afternoon.
Thirty cars were parked inside when the blaze took hold, causing an acetylene cylinder to explode.
It is believed an ember from a bonfire some distance away sparked a grass fire which spread to the site.
A neighbouring field fire involved about half a hectare, according to Essex Fire and Rescue Service.
Three vintage cars were completely destroyed and a further 10 cars were damaged, station officer Martin Pullen added.
"Firefighters did an excellent job and managed to prevent the fire from spreading to some of the other vehicles," he said.
"This incident highlights the dangers of lighting bonfires in dry conditions and how quickly a fire can spread."