Essex

Essex family rescued from house fire

A six-year-old girl and her parents have been rescued by firefighters from a fire in a house in Essex.

The family was trapped upstairs after the fire broke out in the early hours in the house in Maple Road, Grays.

All three were brought out from a window and carried down a ladder before being taken to hospital suffering from smoke inhalation.

The fire is thought to have started by a burning pan left on a stove when the family went to bed.

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites