Shenfield school evacuated after chemical spill
A school with 800 pupils inside has been evacuated following a chemical spill.
Emergency services were called to Shenfield High School in Essex and crews are waiting for specialist advice before clearing the spillage.
A tank of poly aluminium chloride has been mixed unintentionally with chlorine, firefighters said.
Three people have been treated for the effects of chlorine inhalation but all 800 pupils are unharmed.
The incident is confined to a plant room on the site, the fire service said.
A specialist decontamination officer and a Hazmat officer trained to deal with chemicals have been sent to the scene and police and the Environment Agency have been informed.
Fire crews wearing breathing apparatus are going inside the plant area to ventilate the building and disperse the chlorine gas.