Essex

Essex faulty boiler gives off noxious fumes in fire

An 84-year-old man and two women have been treated for the possible side effects of breathing in carbon monoxide from a faulty boiler in Essex.

Two fire crews were called to a detached cottage in Walden Road in Littlebury, near Saffron Walden, on Wednesday morning.

The ground floor was filled with smoke and the boiler had produced noxious fumes, the fire service said.

The man and the women, aged 21 and 25, were treated at the scene.

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites