Essex

Couple found dead in Essex home reported feeling dizzy

A couple found dead from possible gas poisoning in their Essex home had reported feeling dizzy, their son said.

Les Cox, 58, and his wife Pam, 56, were discovered upright in their armchairs by their sons at home in Wickford at 10:30 GMT on Sunday.

Neil Cox said his parents had felt dizzy and faint in the days before their deaths.

Toxicology tests are being carried out which may discover whether the couple died from carbon monoxide poisoning.

Essex Police are treating the deaths as unexplained but not suspicious.

A fire service spokeswoman has said the incident may have been due to a possible gas leak.

Post-mortem examinations on the pair were inconclusive, a police spokeswoman said.

Officers are now waiting for the results of a toxicology report.

The property remains sealed off for investigation.

More on this story

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites