Essex

Pet reptile dies in suspected arson in Jaywick

A man has been arrested following a house fire in Essex in which a pet reptile is believed to have died.

Fire crews were called to the the building in Essex Avenue, Jaywick, on Friday afternoon.

No-one was injured in the fire, but a number of other reptiles were rescued alive. The surviving ones are being cared for by the RSPCA.

A 19-year-old man, from Clacton, has been arrested on suspicion of arson with intent to endanger life.

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites