Essex

Five ill after suspected gas leak at Essex pub

Five people suffered from dizziness as a result of a suspected gas leak at an Essex pub.

More than 30 firefighters and two ambulance service crews went to the Bowling Green pub in Weeley, between Colchester and Clacton, at 11.50 BST.

"We are working closely with the fire and police to ascertain what has caused five patients to become suddenly ill," an ambulance spokesman said.

Three people were assessed at the scene while two took themselves to hospital.

The pub was evacuated and cordoned off, the fire service said.

By 13:30 BST fire crews had isolated the gas supply and were still working to find the cause of the incident.

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites