Essex snow: Schools closed after overnight snowfall
Several schools in Essex have been closed because of the continuing wintry weather, with roads covered in snow and ice causing difficult driving conditions.
Gritting lorries have been out since Monday afternoon in an attempt to keep main roads clear.
First Buses said Southend and Canvey Island were still hugely affected by untreated roads and icy conditions.
Services are running on the main roads only.
The schools closed in the county on Tuesday are:
- Barling Magna Community Primary School, Great Wakering
- Bournemouth Park Primary School, Southend
- Canewdon Primary School, Canewdon, Rochford
- Cedar Hall School, Thundersley
- Chase High School, Southend - boiler broken
- Earls Hall Infant and Junior School, Westcliff
- Glenwood Special School, Benfleet
- King Edmund School, Rochford
- Lancaster School, Prittlewell
- St Nicholas School, Southend
- St Christopher Special School, Leigh-on-Sea
- Stambridge Primary School, Rochford
- Waterman Primary School, Rochford
- Westborough School, Westcliff on Sea