Treetops School, Grays, to reopen after clean up and repairs
Work has started to clean up a special school in Essex that was damaged by fire.
Staff and volunteers have cleaned the drama studio and main hall, which were affected at Treetops school, Grays.
It is hoped pupils can get back to school on Wednesday after it was closed last Thursday after the fire.
The water system has been repaired and specialists will restore the heating following the blaze, thought to have been caused by an electrical fault.
"There is work that professional cleaning contractors can do but we have a can-do attitude at the school," head teacher Paul Smith said.
"Staff were keen to get the bulk of the damage away so that the smell of smoke might disperse and the sight would not be too distressing for the pupils when they return on Wednesday."