Gloucestershire

Man and dog are rescued from fire in Cheltenham flat

A man and his dog have been rescued from a flat fire in Cheltenham.

Emergency services were called to the property at Edward Wilson House on Princess Elizabeth Way in the Gloucestershire town.

A Gloucestershire Fire and Rescue Service spokesman said the man had been treated at the scene for smoke inhalation.

"Five fire engines including an aerial appliance were sent to the scene in the early hours of Friday," he added.

It is not known how the fire started.

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites