Gloucestershire

Gloucester man suffers face burns in barbecue accident

Two accidents involving barbecues have led Gloucestershire Fire and Rescue Service to issue a safety warning.

On Monday night, a man from Gloucester had to be treated for burns to his face after pouring petrol on to hot coals.

Two weeks ago, an unattended barbecue was believed to have started a fire on a wooden balcony of a Tudor building at Beaudesert School, in Minchinhampton.

Fire chiefs said only recognised fuels and lighters should be used and a bucket of water should be kept nearby.

"When summer arrives, of course people are keen to get their barbecues out," said chief fire officer Jon Hall.

"They can be great fun but these two recent incidents show how dangerous they can be too."

More on this story

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites