Forest of Dean wardens free dogs from overheated cars
Dog owners are being warned not to leave their pets in cars in the heat after two animals were rescued in the Forest of Dean.
A district council spokesman said its wardens had freed two distressed animals this week.
In the first incident, they located the owner but in the second, they had to break into the car with police present.
In both cases the windows had been left slightly open, which was insufficient, the council spokesman said.
He said dogs could die in a very short amount of time if left in hot cars, even with the window open.