Man left blind in one eye after Portsmouth gouge attack
A 28-year-old man has been partially blinded in an attack outside a Portsmouth bar by someone who tried to gouge out his eye.
Police said the victim had been out drinking on Friday night with friends at the Hampshire Boulevard pub, on Hampshire Terrace.
After leaving in the early hours of Saturday he got involved in an argument with a group of people.
The injury he suffered has left him blind in one eye, police said.
'Cowardly and shocking'
He was taken to Queen Alexandra Hospital for treatment and discharged later on Saturday.
Police said the attacker had been part of a group of four or five men and women.
Det Con Andy Larder said: "This is a cowardly and shocking incident.
"The attacker seems to have tried to use their fingers to gouge out the victim's eye.
"He was knocked the floor and kicked in the head rendering him temporarily unconscious.
"I'd like to hear from anyone who witnessed the assault or knows anything about it."