Hampshire & Isle of Wight

Man dies following fire in Portsmouth flats

A man in his 40s has died following a fire in a block of flats in Portsmouth, Hampshire.

Crews were called at about 1450 GMT after fire broke out in the fifth floor of Omega House, an eight-storey building in Omega Street, Southsea.

The man was taken to Queen Alexandra Hospital in Cosham but subsequently died.

Residents were evacuated to a neighbouring community centre by police. There were no other casualties.

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites