Four people and kittens escape Isle of Wight house fire
Four males and a number of kittens managed to escape when a fire spread through a house on the Isle of Wight.
The blaze, thought to have been started by an electrical fault, began in the front room of the terrace house in New Street, Newport, on Thursday night.
The occupants had already fled the home when rescuers arrived and were taken to hospital with smoke inhalation.
The kittens were saved by crews who were forced to wait for the power to be isolated before extinguishing the fire.