Hampshire & Isle of Wight

Man hurt in Andover garage fire involving gas cylinders

Firefighter cooling cylinders at Shamrock Works in Weyhill, Andover
Image caption The cylinders contained acetylene which could explode in the heat, the fire service said

A man has been injured in a fire at a garage in Hampshire.

Crews were called to Shamrock Works in Weyhill, Andover, at 0200 BST and found four gas cylinders inside the building had caught fire.

The garage was badly damaged and a 200m exclusion zone was set up because of the risk of explosion.

The injured man was taken to hospital by ambulance while the cylinders were cooled slowly until they could be safely removed.

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites