Hampshire & Isle of Wight

Child burnt from glue on Fareham pub toilet seat

Vanguard pub
Image caption The three-year-old girl was taken to hospital

A three-year-old girl was treated for burns and blisters to her legs after she used a pub toilet seat which had been smeared with superglue.

The child, who was on a family holiday to Fareham, Hampshire, was taken to the Vanguard pub by her father to use the men's toilets, where she was injured.

The family, from Thatcham, Berkshire, took her to Gosport Hospital where the toddler received treatment.

Police described the incident as "horrific" and appealed for witnesses.

It happened on Saturday 21 May, just before midday.

Pc Sue White, from Hampshire police, said: "This is an unusual and malicious incident which resulted in the three-year-old receiving hospital treatment.

"The glue on the toilet seat was placed there deliberately and police want to speak to anyone who has any information about who did it."

The girl has since recovered.

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites