New plea over sex attack on Isle of Wight Festival-goer
Police investigating a sex assault on a woman near the Isle of Wight Festival a year ago have started a new appeal.
The 36-year-old from the island who had been at the event in Seaclose Park, Newport, was attacked by a man between 0030 and 0130 BST on Monday 14 June.
It is thought the man had also been at the festival and was with a small number of others, all of whom had northern accents.
The renewed appeal comes as the festival opens this weekend.
The attack took place last year on a footpath off Fairlee Road, Newport near a shop named Seaclose Stores. The woman had been walking to a friend's house at the time.
A year ago, e-fit pictures of two men police wanted to question over the assault were released.
Hampshire police described the first man as white, in his 20s to 30s and about 5ft 10in (1.78m) tall with dark hair.
He was wearing blue jeans and a pale blue top and is also believed to have a word tattooed on the left side of his neck.
The second man police would like information on is described as aged 15 to 16, baby faced, 5ft 3in to 5ft 4in (1.6m) tall with light brown or blond short hair.
He had a hoop in his left ear and was wearing jeans and trainers, and a silver or grey shiny top or zip-up coat.
Senior investigating officer Det Insp Colin Carpenter of Isle of Wight CID said: "Detectives on this case remain eager to hear from anyone else who thinks they recognise the men described in the two e-fit pictures.
"Our investigation so far still suggests that the possible suspects were with a small group of other men who may well know more about exactly what happened."
Police said such incidents were rare on the island and would like people with any information, however small, to contact them.