Hampshire & Isle of Wight

Fire crews tackle blaze at shop in Havant

Fourteen firefighters have tackled a blaze at a shop in Hampshire which started in an electrical cupboard.

Crews called to Stone Square, Leigh Park, Havant, at about 06:00 BST took three hours to extinguish the fire.

There was heavy smoke logging within the shop and two first floor flats, a Hampshire Fire and Rescue Service spokeswoman said.

Firefighters using breathing apparatus, extinguished the blaze with two hose reels and one jet.

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites