Hampshire & Isle of Wight

Southampton double sex attack suspect seen on CCTV

Detectives have released CCTV footage of a man thought to be responsible for two attacks on women in Southampton.

A 21-year-old victim was forced to the floor by a man in Vernon Walk, an alleyway next to the Orange Rooms bar, at 00:45 BST on 21 September.

The victim was sexually assaulted but she managed to fight free by punching and kicking the man, who then ran off.

A 19-year-old was indecently assaulted by a man in Carlton Crescent at 02:15 BST on 28 September.

It is believed she had been followed for some distance by the man beforehand, police said.

Screamed out

Both victims were attacked in an area of the city that is popular with students on Tuesday nights.

Officers want to trace a group of young men and women who were standing by a white car in Carlton Crescent on 21 September and spoke to the first victim while she was being followed by the attacker.

The victim in the second incident told police two men came to her aid when she screamed out during the attack in Carlton Crescent.

Hampshire Constabulary is appealing for all of these witnesses to come forward, along with anyone else who may have information about the attacks.

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites