Banbury plastics factory fire sparks evacuation
A plastics factory in Oxfordshire had to be evacuated when a suspected leak of flammable material sparked a fire.
Fire crews were called to AAC Cyroma Plastics in Banbury after smoke was seen coming from a warehouse, on Monday.
The flames were brought under control before they spread to a large container of flammable liquids.
Investigators believe an accidental pipe leak allowed a flammable material to come in contact with a hot surface.
Crew manager Nick Windsor said: "On arrival we were faced with a large amount of smoke coming out of a large industrial building.
"The staff had all evacuated from the building prior to our arrival, allowing us to focus on preventing the fire spreading to the bulk storage of flammable liquids."