Woman hurt in Basingstoke gas leak explosion
A woman has been hurt in an explosion at her Hampshire home after a gas leak.
The blast sparked a flash fire at the property in Abbey Road, Basingstoke, at about 09:30 GMT and 20 neighbouring homes have been evacuated.
The woman was taken to hospital in Salisbury but her injuries are not thought to be life-threatening.
A police spokeswoman said it was believed gas had built up in the walls of the house following a leak. A rescue centre has been set up.
Residents have been advised to go to the Popley Fields Community Centre in Carpenter's Down.
Utility companies are currently working to isolate the leak before people can return home.