Pair released after girl's New Forest campsite death
A man and a woman held over the death of a six-year-old girl at a campsite have been freed without charge.
Hampshire Police said a post-mortem examination had shown that the girl's death was not suspicious and they were treating it as a "tragic incident".
Ambulance staff called to the Holmsley campsite in the New Forest early on Friday had found the girl "fitting". She then went into cardiac arrest.
Police said the investigation into the circumstances of her death was ongoing.
"As with all investigations into the death of a child we will now be working with partner agencies to support the family throughout the investigation process," a spokeswoman said.
Police said officers would remain at the campsite until Saturday night "to reassure the public" and the campsite hoped to reopen on Sunday.'Fitting and not breathing'
Police had been called to the campsite at 12:50am BST on Friday by South Central Ambulance Service paramedics who had found the girl "fitting and not breathing".
She was taken to Southampton General Hospital where she was declared dead.
A 30-year-old man and a 40-year-old woman from Gosport were arrested on suspicion of murder but were released without charge on Friday evening.
"The arrests made this morning were necessary as a result of a report from experienced medical professionals," the police spokeswoman said.
Hampshire police had initially said they were treating the girl's death as suspicious because of her age.'Sombre mood'
Speaking after news of the death earlier, one woman staying at the site said: "We don't really want to stay any more and will be leaving.
"The mood in the campsite is really sombre and it feels that we should not be here.
"Lots of people have been leaving."
The campsite operators, Camping in the Forest, say the site is closed to new arrivals.
Those who have booked for the Easter holiday have been contacted directly and told not to come.