Hampshire & Isle of Wight

'Suspicious incidents' investigated after abduction bid

Two "suspicious incidents" have been investigated after the attempted abduction of a one-year-old boy in Portsmouth.

On Monday, a man tried to snatch the child while he was in his garden in Ludlow Road, Paulsgrove. A 21-year-old man was arrested and bailed.

Since then, two more incidents were reported in the area but these are not being treated as crimes, police said.

Officers said the two incidents were not linked to the one in Ludlow Road.

A spokesperson added: "We thank the public for continuing to be vigilant and reporting any incidents of concern to us.

"We always take reports of this nature seriously and investigate the circumstances thoroughly."

Police have been carrying out extra patrols and house-to-house inquiries in the Ludlow Road area.

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites