Kidderminster Harriers mourn the loss of Gordon Howard
Kidderminster Harriers director Gordon Howard has died following a fire at his Bermuda home.
He died on Tuesday evening from smoke inhalation, a statement issued by the Blue Square Bet Premier League football club said.
Harriers chairman Barry Norgrove said the news had come as a terrible shock to everyone at Aggborough.
"He has been a tremendous servant to the club over the past few years and we will truly miss him," he said.
"In the past five years he has made a tremendous contribution to the club both financially and in terms of support," he added.
Mr Howard joined the board in 2005 and, although based in Bermuda, he was a regular visitor to Aggborough.
Mr Norgrove said the news was still sinking in and it would take them a long time to come to terms with it.
"Gordon was a tremendous fellow and we hit if off instantly when we first met five or six years ago," he said.
"His sudden death is a huge shock to everyone connected with the club and our thoughts are with his family and friends at this time," he added.
The club plans to hold a minute's silence in memory of Mr Howard before the first home league match of the season against Southport on Tuesday 17 August.