Boy helps save children from Worcester house fire
A 14-year-old boy has helped to rescue four children from a fire at a neighbouring house in Worcester.
Ryan Morrow said he opened the door and, with the help of a neighbour, put out the fire out at a property on Westminster Road on Wednesday.
The fire was in a bedroom and a woman was treated for burns.
"The kids were mainly shocked at the time... I don't really want to be called a hero. It was just a reaction to do that," Ryan said.
"I just saw like a flickering like glare in the window. Then I thought it was a street light at the time.
"So I opened my door... it was a house fire in the window, so I ran. My initial thought [was] just to run over there and open the door," he said.
Hereford and Worcester Fire and Rescue Service said they were called at about 1750 GMT on Wednesday and the fire was under control by 1815 GMT.
Ryan said others came from up the road when they realised what was happening, and his mother tried to carry the children outside.
"We had to like shove them to get down the stairs... but then my mum carried them out," he said.
Ryan's mother, Dawn, said: "I'm very proud of my son, but I'm very proud of both my children, like any mother would be.
"He is a gentle giant to everybody."
The fire service said two fire engines were deployed and two firefighters were involved in putting out the small fire.
Inquiries were continuing into its cause.