Man burnt in classic car blaze in Redditch
A man suffered facial burns when the classic car he was working on in his garage in Worcestershire caught fire.
The man was treated at the scene in Grafton Close, Woodrow, Redditch, before being taken to hospital.
Six firefighters wearing breathing apparatus tackled the detached garage blaze, which spread to houses on either side of the building, the fire service said.
The fire was thought to be accidental but the exact cause has not been found.
The incident led to a warning by Hereford and Worcester Fire and Rescue Service that anyone planning repairs at home should be aware of the dangers of working with cylinders, fuel and other flammable liquids.
"The garage and its contents, including a classic car the injured man was working on at the time, were completely destroyed in the blaze, and there was also a small amount of fire damage to both houses," the spokesman said.
Crews said they faced "treacherous conditions" because of the weather on the way to the call out, at 12:20 GMT.
Watch commander Bob Morris said: "We even had to dig down through snow to locate the fire hydrant but at least we knew its exact position thanks to a recent hydrant maintenance programme the service has undertaken."