Hereford & Worcester

Bedroom barbecue to blame for Bromsgrove fire death

The property in Bishops Hall
Image caption The fire stared in the bedroom and spread through the first floor and roof

A man who used disposable barbecues in his bedroom died accidentally, a coroner in Worcestershire has recorded.

The inquest, in Stourport-on-Severn, heard Kelvin Curtis, 46, had been cooking at his home in Bishop Hall Crescent in the Charford area of Bromsgrove on 7 January.

The fire started in his bedroom and spread through the first floor and roof of the house.

The inquest heard Mr Curtis died at home after breathing in smoke.

Related Topics

More on this story

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites