England

Woman and councillor burned in two separate bonfire incidents

Tom Wells Image copyright Worcestershire County Council
Image caption Councillor Tom Wells was airlifted to hospital in Birmingham

A Worcestershire councillor has been badly burned by a bonfire at his home in Callow End.

Tom Wells, who represents Powick, was taken by air ambulance to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital in Birmingham on Friday and is expected to be there for up to eight weeks.

In a separate incident, a woman in her 60s was badly burned when she fell into a bonfire in Herefordshire on Saturday.

It is believed she slipped into the flames at Camp Farm in Dinedor.

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites