Humberside

Eight-year-old girl badly burned in Hull house fire

An eight-year-old girl has been taken to hospital with serious burns to her legs and hands after being rescued from a house fire in Hull.

Humberside Fire and Rescue Service said the girl was pulled to safety from the house on Albert Avenue by her father.

The 37-year-old man suffered smoke inhalation. Six other people in the house escaped unharmed.

The fire, on Wednesday night, is believed to have started accidentally in a bedroom.

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites