Smoke billows across Dover from fire at quarry
Firefighters have been tackling a blaze at an industrial unit and storage container at a disused chalk quarry.
Residents said they awoke on Sunday to see billowing black smoke coming from the fire in Winchelsea Street, Dover.
Kent Fire and Rescue Service said emergency services were alerted at 07:09 BST and arrived to find the single-storey building well alight.
At its height, about 25 firefighters were in attendance. Crews remain at the scene to damp down the area.
Firefighters also rescued a man from a fire in a ninth-floor flat in Ramsgate after they were called to Trove Court in Newcastle Hill just after 21:00 BST on Saturday.
The man was treated at the scene for smoke inhalation. It is thought the fire was caused by a pan left unattended.
And an investigation is under way after a fire at a house in Hawkinge in the early hours of Sunday.
The residents of the house managed to escape but firefighters rescued a pet dog.