More minerals and waste sites proposed for Kent
A public consultation into minerals and waste sites in Kent has been extended by Kent County Council (KCC).
A new eight-week consultation will start on Monday, which will include nine new site proposals.
Ninety-six sites had been put forward by businesses and landowners for consideration for mineral extraction and waste disposal.
KCC said the extra consultation would give affected communities the chance to comment on the new sites.
David Brazier, deputy cabinet member for environment, highways and waste, said: "Preparing the minerals and waste plans is a complex and lengthy process.
"We have to get it right, therefore it is only proper that we consult on these additional sites in the same way."
The council is working on a 20-year mineral and waste plan.