Kent

Chatham woman hurt as candles set fire to curtains

A woman in her 60s suffered minor burns when candles set fire to curtains at her home in Kent.

Kent Fire and Rescue Service said crews from Chatham and Strood found the woman unconscious when they arrived at the property in Magpie Road, Chatham.

A neighbour who tackled the fire was also found to be suffering from the effects of inhaling smoke.

Firefighters treated the woman and her neighbour until paramedics arrived at the scene on Monday evening.

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites