Two men released over Dover port alert
Two men who sparked a security alert which closed the port of Dover in Kent have been released by investigators.
The two German men, and aged 36 and 43, were stopped at the port's Eastern Docks after arriving by ferry from France in a lorry and van.
Items found included ammunition and other military memorabilia.
A UK Border Agency spokesman said that the 43-year-old had been bailed pending further inquiries, and the 36-year-old released without charge.
He said: "The items seized are now being examined by forensic specialists."
Bomb disposal experts were called to the port and a 200m exclusion zone was set up at about 17:00 GMT on Thursday.
The docks were reopened nearly two hours later but the alert caused heavy congestion on roads leading to the port, including the A2 and A20.