Woman injured by Maidstone shop chemical spill
A woman has been taken to hospital and a building was evacuated following a chemical spill at a shop in north Kent.
Kent Fire and Rescue Service said the woman was injured after 500ml (17.6fl oz) of hydrochloric acid was spilt in Gabriels Hill, Maidstone on Monday.
Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus cleaned up the spillage and ventilated the building.
A spokesman for Kent Fire and Rescue Service said the woman was taken to hospital for treatment for burns.