Kent

Ramsgate man burnt after using fuel to start bonfire

A man suffered burns when a bonfire exploded in his garden.

The man, thought to be in his late 20s, appeared to have used liquid fuel on rubbish in Ramsgate on Tuesday, Kent Fire and Rescue Service said.

He threw a lit match on to the items and vapours flashed back, burning his face, chest and arms. The fire service described the man's injuries as minor.

Firefighters have warned people not to use flammable liquids to start fires.

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites