Kent

Man rescued from 'cigarette fire' at Dover flat

A man has been rescued from a fire at a flat which may have been started by a cigarette, the fire service has said.

The 48-year-old was treated for smoke inhalation after being helped from the property in Fulbert Road, Dover, at about 08:40 GMT.

Kent Fire Service said the fire caused "extensive damage to the bedroom and smoke damage to the rest of the flat".

A spokesman said it may have started when the man fell asleep while smoking in bed.

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites