Kent

Body pulled from Medway thought to be Kieron Knowlden

Kieron Knowlden Image copyright Kent Police
Image caption Kieron Knowlden's family said it was out of character for him not to have made any contact

A body that was pulled from the River Medway in Kent is believed to be that of a 25-year-old man who has been missing for more than two weeks.

Kieron Knowlden was last spotted in the early hours of 1 March after he left Mojo's bar in Barden Road, Tonbridge.

The father-of-one had been on a night out with family and friends.

Officers recovered the body of a man from the river at Medway Wharf Road, Tonbridge, at about 06:40 GMT on Tuesday.

Kent Police said although formal identification had yet to take place officers believed it was Mr Knowlden's body.

His family have been informed.

During the police search Mr Knowlden's sister, Kaliegh Sencherey, said it was out of character for him to have been away from home for so long without making contact.

Related Topics

More on this story

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites