Kent

No charges over Gillingham homeless stabbing

  • 22 August 2014
  • From the section Kent
The victim of the stab attack
Police said the stabbing occurred during daylight hours

Two men arrested after a homeless man was found staggering along a road in Gillingham with stab wounds have been released without charge.

The 40-year-old, who was attacked in the King's Bastion area on Monday, would have been known to local people, Kent Police said.

The men, both 32-years-old and from Gillingham, were arrested on Monday.

The victim, who had been sleeping on a mattress, agreed to have his image released but did not want to be named.

He was found staggering along the Great Lines by a member of the public, who called an ambulance.

More on this story

Related Internet links

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites