Blackpool Promenade reopens to traffic
Blackpool's promenade has reopened to traffic, after being closed for more than three months as part of multi-million pound regeneration work.
The stretch of the famous prom had been closed between Adelaide Street West and Talbot Square since March.
The revamp, which includes improving sea defences and tramways, is costing an estimated £250m.
The resort's famous tower is also being overhauled. It is due to be completed in the autumn.
Councillor Fred Jackson, deputy leader of Blackpool Council, said: "It has been a long wait and we do thank the people of Blackpool, and the visitors, for putting up with these works that have had to take place.
"We are delighted that the promenade is now open again."
He said he new road layout was "very unusual" and motorists and pedestrians would have to learn to "share the space as nobody has the right of way".
"It works on the continent very well," he said.
One short section of the prom is still restricted one-way, but that is expected to be finished by Friday.